Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mortgage Chat

Wow. There's so much to consider with a mortgage.

I'd been gunning for an interest only mortgage, since talking to G, but got the woman to give me projections about repayment as well.

On top of the mortgage itself, there's all these insurances as well. I took critical illness and payment protection, which upped my monthly outgoings by about £100.

Having thought about it, I'm not sure I'll take the critical illness as the term of the mortgage is 2 year fixed (at well below the bank rate!)

I had to also surrender loads of documents - pay slips, proof of residence, bank statements, etc. Hope I get them back!

Loads of money fun too, as I paid £95 for the mortage woman to come out and for their company to deal with me, as well as £400-odd to Halifax for mortgage fees and valuation survey. This buying a flat malarky is really pricey!

No comments: