Saturday, September 17, 2005

It's official

We've just come back from the flat in Wallington where I signed sooo many papers it wasn't funny.

I paid my £500 holding deposit which means I'm on the road. I asked about being gazumped, as it was a bit of a concern and was told that Barratts don't do that sort of thing, which is comforting.

Also took Sue down again so we could get a proper look around. We also had a nose around the other flats to show her what we weren't taking.

I was concerned about the security of a ground floor flat, but she seems to be happy with not having to haul stuff up stairs, which works.

While we were looking around the new flat (which is STILL a show flat), there was another couple looking around too. The girl showing them around mentioned that while the bathrooms and kitchen in the show flat were ceramic tiled, in the other flats it would be an extra, costing roughly £500/room. That's ANOTHER £1500 we've saved, on top of the show flat inventory!

Doubled checked the TV again, as the site manager seemed to think it was a plastic show TV. It's actually a 20" LCD telly. How cool.

No comments: