Saturday, December 10, 2005

Well that sucked

Just got off the phone with Barratt's. Seems that when they sent someone in to fix the hob yesterday, they locked the top lock on the door on their way out. Only problem is, we don't have a key for that lock.

Coming home at 12.30am from a wonderful evening of Patrick Stewart, the only thing I wanted was my bed. I was denied entry to the flat entirely.

We took a black cab back to Streatham (thank goodness I still had that place) and got a receipt.

Calling Barratt's today, they apologized profusely and asked me to give them the receipt and they'd take care of it. They also asked if I had received the other outstanding monies owed, which I hadn't.

Of course, this puts a kaybosh on our plans this morning - mainly getting to Ikea to buy the furniture first thing and get a delivery date today. Paul is coming to pick us up and we're going to Ikea with him. However, he won't be here until about 11.30.

Oh well.

No comments: