Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Need Money!

So, if i complete the flat by Friday I now get £250 from Barratt's plus a whole extra weekend to move stuff. Problem is, I'm about £2500 short.

If time was of no problem, I could use my credit card which has a higher credit limit than most people's annual income. Downside? It takes 7 - 10 working days for the money to get transferred.

Other option? Cash advance. Again, there's a downside - you can only take out £250 per day. At that rate it would take 10 days to get the amount I need.

My solution has been to call my bank and raise my overdraft limit. It sat at £250 and had never been touched until this month (never buy a flat then go on holiday in the same month!). I felt rather cheeky asking it to be raised to £3000, but alas it has been done and I now have access to the £20,333.59 I need to move in.

It cost me £45 to sort the overdraft, but the solicitor managed to get me an extra £50 anyway, so again I'm even Steven!

No comments: