Saturday, October 08, 2005

Solicitor Meeting

Just got back from the solicitor's. Took my ID (passport, utilities, etc.) and a document they wanted me to sign.

Talked over what the process is about the flat buying and such. I mentioned what Barratt's had said about the last valuation being closer to market value. The solicitor seems to think a local authority search may have already been done. She also said she'd harrass Barratt's as well to get the sale price lowered to reflect the drop in value. Here's hoping I can get at least £20,000 off!

Took all the stuff I needed to... except for the cheque for £250.

Still, now that they have my ID, they can open my file and start working for me. Hurrah.

Also asked about the £1,000 in solicitor's fees that Barratt's takes care of. Apparently they need my dosh up front to pay for the services they'll provide, then I'll get reimbursed the £250 and any other fees will be covered by Barratt's.

No comments: